My family and I love to eat S’Mores but unfortunately we don’t always have time to build a fire and make them over the campfire. Also, using a microwave doesn’t seem to give the marshmallow the burnt flavoring that a fire gives it. We tried it in the toaster oven and honestly we think it’s better than doing it in the fire.
4 graham crackers cut in half (I bought already split graham crackers so you will need 8 of those but if you do the regular big graham crackers you will split it yourself)
1 Hershey chocolate bar
4 marshmallows (I like the S’mores marshmallows because they are squared and fit perfectly on the graham crackers)
- Put aluminum foil on the rack in the toaster oven or if you have cookie sheet put the aluminum foil on it. (Just to leave less of a mess since the marshmallow does expand a little bit and using the aluminum foil makes it so you have less to clean)
- Place 4 graham crackers on the aluminum foil.
- Place a marshmallow on each graham cracker.
- Put the graham crackers and marshmallow into the toaster oven and toast on 3 (where it will get toasted and a little burnt but not black).
- Once this has been toasted, take the graham crackers and marshmallows out and put on a plate.
- Place ¼ of the chocolate bar on each marshmallow and place another graham cracker on top of the chocolate.
- Wait a couple of minutes to allow the marshmallow to cool a bit and melt the chocolate.
- Enjoy your S’Mores.