- 1 Pie Pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- With a wet cloth, clean off the outer skin of the pumpkin.
- Cut the top of the pie pumpkin off.
- Cut the pie pumpkin in half
- Scoop out all the seeds and the pulp of pumpkin. (I don’t take out all the pulp when I do this but it just depends on what you prefer. I don’t think it changes the taste.)
- Put oil on the skin of the pumpkin. (I use extra virgin olive oil)
- Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and put the pie pumpkins on the aluminum foil with the inside facing the foil and the outside facing up.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the inside is tender enough to have a fork go through it without any problems.
- Let the pumpkin cool for about 1 hour.
- Once cooled down, scoop the inside of the pumpkins and put in a blender or food processor.
- Blend/process pumpkin until smooth.
- Pumpkin puree can be used immediately or freeze for about 6 months. According to the USDA, pumpkin puree can’t be processed by the canning method or pressure canning method.