This is a recipe that my dad makes for every holiday. I absolutely love it and my boyfriend’s daughter would just eat this if we let her. It’s pretty easy to make. The texture is between a muffin and pudding. It’s not hard like a muffin but it’s not as soft as a pudding. It reminds me a softly baked cookie in softness. Please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it.
- 1 15.5 oz can whole kernel corn (my dad usually used White Shoepeg but I’ve used regular whole kernel corn and it turned out well)
- 1 15 oz can cream-style corn
- 1 8 oz container sour cream (I’ve used light sour cream and it turned out well)
- 1 8.5 oz package dry cornbread muffin mix
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish. (I use margarine or butter)
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Place the casserole dish into the oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, use a toothpick and put into the center of the cornbread pudding to see if it comes out clean or not.
- If it doesn’t come out clean, bake for a little longer until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm.