My dad started making this broccoli salad and I fell in love with it. I like that the broccoli can be slathered with the dressing and the dressing is similar to a brand name chicken restaurant that has coleslaw. You can use this dressing for coleslaw also (which I will write a separate recipe for). If you want to use 2 bags of the broccoli salad, you will just double the dressing. For ease, we use the pre-cut broccoli salads. If you want to make your own broccoli salad/slaw, use broccoli, carrots and red cabbage. The broccoli stock, carrots and red cabbage should be run through a spiralizer or vegetable mandoline slicer. You can use broccoli florets in the recipe too. The Walmart brand bag of broccoli slaw is 16 oz (1 lb) and makes about 5 cups so if you make your own, this recipe will make enough for 5 cups. If you end up with more than 5 cups then add to the recipe. (If you have 10 cups, you would double the recipe for the dressing, etc.) Please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it.
- 1 bag pre-cut/pre-washed broccoli slaw
- 1 bag 3 oz Real Bacon bits (I use Oscar Meyer brand)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s)
- ¼ cup sugar (White sugar)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (White vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and put into the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Mix the bacon bits and broccoli salad together. (This can be done before the dressing is set and put into a container you will use for the broccoli salad or you can wait until right before you add the dressing)
- Mix the dressing, bacon bits and broccoli salad together and put into the refrigerator for at least an hour to set.